View Single Post
Old March 8th, 2015, 08:48 AM   #54
BlackNinja8
ninjette.org guru

Name: NJ

Motorcycle(s): 2011 250R (Sold); 2012 Vulcan 900; 2009 Harley Iron 883; 2004 SV650s; and a bunch of others over the years...

It depends on what you are looking for. If you are wanting to record video of your rides to post to youtube or to make memories of your rides, then I don't think the iPhone will be up for it. If you just want a dash cam to protect you from liability, then I think it would work.

If you are after a cheap gopro alternative, look in the SJCAM SJ4000. It is literally a gopro clone and it has received great reviews. Particularly from motovloggers. Go on youtube and look at some of the video it really is very clear. You could get that camera and more mounts than you know what to do with for under $100.

I just bought a Sony action Cam HDR-AS20 and I am super impressed so far. I Cost me $150 and cam with a huge bundle of accessories - suction cup mount, SD card, tripod etc. It records in 1080p 60fps and has a slow 120fps mode. Has built in image stabilization that makes it great for motorcycle video.
BlackNinja8 is offline   Reply With Quote