Thread: first ride :)
View Single Post
Old June 16th, 2018, 02:07 PM   #64
Koala
ninjette.org sage

Name: Koala

Motorcycle(s): 2017 Ninja 300 Winter Test Edition

MOTM - May '18
got a question for everyone that's been reading this thread....

I've been on my new baby 3 times now, just practicing the slow stuff. When doing this, I've only been wearing street clothes (long sleeve shirt, jeans) along with my helmet/gloves/boots. I had attempted to get a jacket to have before this weekend but it didn't turn out that way. The one available in my size at my dealer is hideous, and the original jacket I ordered from Revzilla turned out the 2 left was actually out of stock. Much love to the dude who jumped through hoops to get me an affordable jacket in my size, it just won't be here till Wednesday.

After not getting to ride last weekend due to rain, I'm itching to get on her at first light tomorrow morning. I would like to go off my street and go to a couple short quiet roads connecting my neighborhood to the next small city. Kind of going around in a loop. I'm liking this idea because it's barely any potholes and uphill/downhill stop signs to deal with. It's only a small section of main roads I would be on, one bit to get there, and one on the other side of the loop.

I have Icon armored/kevlar compression pants to go under my jeans, but no jacket yet. Should I hold off until next weekend to branch out, or do you think I'll be ok?
Koala is offline   Reply With Quote