Old October 22nd, 2011, 09:21 PM   #83
Momaru
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Candy Plasma Blue 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maniac0908 View Post
Ok cool. Thanks a lot paul
Hey man, I'll get that list up in the next day or so. Very sorry it hasn't happened yet, just keep getting sidetracked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojoracing53 View Post
Hello my names Jason and I'm new to your forum. I've been lurking around the passed few days trying to find the ins and outs of owning a 08+ 250R. I finally made my decision yesterday and bought a mint black 09. I'll be commuting to work on it 60miles a day so half the time I'll be ridding before sunrise so I'd like a bit more light and I don't mind getting my hands dirty with a custom build.

I've read through to your excellent DIY you posted and thank for taking the time to post it, but I'm confused on how your getting the low and high beam. Is this like the stock lights where the low beam is only one and high is both or are they both on in both modes. I know it will make more sense when I have it in my hands but I always like to know as much beforehand as possible. Thanks

Hi Jason and welcome!
The stock bikes have one bulb for low beam, one bulb for high.

In the projector-HID retrofit described in this thread, both bulbs are lit for low beam and they stay lit for high beam. What changes to make high-beam is a small metal shutter that drops down, to let more light through the lens at a higher angle. The shutters are part of the projector assembly (one per bulb) and are hooked up to the electrical socket that would power the hi-beam bulb on the stock headlight assembly.
Here's an example pic from another site: