View Single Post
Old January 16th, 2012, 12:58 AM   #97
Momaru
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Paul

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Candy Plasma Blue 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by OzNinja250 View Post
it seemed to me that the projectors were too long for the ninja headlight but these claim to fit in the housing

http://www.uniquemotolights.com/inde...&product_id=55

quote "This is a direct bolt on kit, no major modifications required!" end quote.
very competitive pricing and they ship to Aus for a reasonable rate, they are on my shortlist. I wonder how we could get all the functions i.e halo, low and high beam,. I think an additional switch to alternate between low beam and halo.
Anyone had experience of this?
Wish there were projectors that fit directly when I did my projector retrofit, but that's the cost of getting it early.

While I don't have personal experience w/ the halos on my HID setup, I do have electrical knowledge. It depends on how you want the halos set up. An additional switch is the best route, so you can have them on for shows, but turn them off to keep from draining your battery too much.

The halos need not necessarily alternate /w low beam, but it's certainly a good option. One possible is set-up is such that your halos come on when you start the bike (like stock low beam), flip switch for low beams (w/ or w/o halos) and flip another switch for hi beams. It could all be integrated into a single 3-position switch, but IMHO 2 separate switches are better, b/c it's easier to know what you've got 'on' and harder to accidentally put on the wrong setting.