View Single Post
Old March 8th, 2012, 05:43 AM   #7
reaubideux
Perpetual Newb

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2010 MIB Ninja 250R [sold]; 2006 CBR600RR [sold]; 2013 Triumph Street Triple R

Thanks for the extra tips, guys.

Spent last night visiting with my dad and helping my mom get him set up in their house. He's going back in for surgery in a week or so to get 2 plates and some pins inserted into his foot/ankle. He also got a couple of spots of road rash on his knee and elbow so his armor shifted during the wreck apparently. Come to find out, he doesn't have motorcycle boots, just some taller dress shoes, and he wasn't wearing his overpants. I jumped on my "proper gear" soapbox for a minute (how often does a child get to lecture their parent ) but he's doing fine. Basically an old fogy didn't see my dad and made a left turn in front of him right as my dad approached the intersection. Dad got on the brakes too hard and locked up the rear. He doesn't remember everything simply b/c of how fast it happened but basically it sounds like he high sided; back end was swerving a bit and he ended up tumbling while his bike slid into the rear fender of the old guy's car.

Dad said he may have the bike towed home, he doesn't want to worry about me riding an unsafe bike and they have AAA anyway so it'll be free. I offered to go check it out with him if he wanted and determine if it's safe to ride or not at that point so we might do that.
reaubideux is offline   Reply With Quote