Thread: BBG Adventures
View Single Post
Old May 20th, 2015, 07:54 PM   #26
wardie
ninjette.org guru

Name: Larry

Motorcycle(s): 06 KLR 650,12 250 Ninja, 86 DR 125, 07 CRF 100, 09 Tomos Streetmate LEL Record Holder, 88 K100 RT

serious stuff

Nevada Wolf I give U credit for stick to it ness. Dr. Yeager did several IBA rides aboard his 250 Ninja and maybe a year ago did a 50cc.

Check your math...70 mph times 20 hours of continual riding leaves you 100 miles short on the back end..the end which u will be most vulnerable to mishaps caused by fatigue. It is hard to average 62 miles per hour over 24 hours, damn hard so plan to try and ride highways and freeways that allow 70 mph speed limit and stay at 72 mph whenever possible . Most of them have pull off get gas and get back on fuel stops and you can always get a receipt quickly.

When you get twenty hours under your belt you're gonna be tired. I try finishing a distance ride withy the sun up rather than going down. You are always perkier.

One addition that I used when I set the Lake Erie Loop Cannonball record on a 50cc moped June 2010 (24 hours and 3 minutes) was taking along a couple of those small 5 hour energy drinks. They don't have caffeine but they work remarkable well. I was up 26 hours straight and never had any drowsiness or hyper feeling just cleared me up and my thought processes were just fine.

Let us know when you attempt the next run and good luck! Wardie