View Single Post
Old October 13th, 2019, 01:54 PM   #12
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAU-8 View Post
It was Shell.

I don't know about Cali, but in Houston, quite a few stations have added ethanol free pumps now. None are immediately local to me. Allthough, one is about 12 miles away. I might fill up a gas can or two, and test with riding.
Pretty much all gas in CA is ethanol-blended. Only ethanol-free gas within 100-mile radius is VP Racing fuel at Sonoma Raceway pumps @ +$9.00/gal. Corn-lobby has snuck in regulations to promote use of ethanol and gotten bark-eating, tree-hugging crunchy granola folks on-board.

CA emissions regulation were adopted by Feds in passing 1990 Clean Air Act and 2007 Energy Independence and Security Act which set Renewable Fuel Standards. Implicit in those regulations was required used of ethanol in order to comply. The corn-lobby is powerful group including food-processors such as ”Com-Agrow” and “ABM”*. They make more money than oil-companies and have major influence on government at all levels. Don’t know if people remember price-fixing scandal with ”ABM” couple decades ago. But after senior VP and several key-witnesses had deadly “accidents” just before they were to testify at trial, case quietly went away. You have to dig up old news articles on microfiche to find this info.

* names changed to protect

Last futzed with by DannoXYZ; October 13th, 2019 at 04:04 PM.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote