View Single Post
Old July 31st, 2010, 06:08 PM   #23
DAKINECHICk
-

Name: Liz

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Suzuki GSXr 750

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Liz, was that an organized tour, or on your own? Want to do the same someday, I've heard NZ is a fantastic place to tour via bike.
Alex, it was AMAZING! Words can never describe it.
It basically involved them planning and pre-booking our New Zealand itinerary after they received our preferences of food we like, things we like to do, etc, and then we rode unaccompanied. They don't send you thru the tourist towns and on highways either. It's all backroad twistys like you can't even imagine. GORGEOUS! We also had, in my opinion, the best accommodation and hosts EVER (we did a bunch of bed and breakfasts-not hotels), and the restaurants were amazing, every single one of them! Not one day was wasted trying to find a place to eat or anything like that. We took days off and they had given us a little pamphlet of what we could do in each town that was on our itinerary, so we did a lot of other things as well as motorbiking. They basically just removed all the asspain for us before we got there and then they sent us off. They tailored an itinerary that suited our preferences and it couldn't have been better! I recommend it to EVERYONE! So, in answer to your question, yes it was partially guided but we did it at our own pace with just the two of us.

We used gotournz.com.