View Single Post
Old May 23rd, 2011, 02:44 PM   #95
Lowspeed Lowside
Tightwad Tinker

Name: Hans

Motorcycle(s): '09 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by CThunder-blue View Post
I get my info from 10 years of modifying turbocharged cars. Where's your experience?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Experie..._to_experience

Immanuel Kant contrasted experience with reason: "Nothing, indeed, can be more harmful or more unworthy of the philosopher, than the vulgar appeal to so-called experience. Such experience would never have existed at all, if at the proper time, those institutions had been established in accordance with ideas."

Quote:
I also provided you with the price range of good injectors.
So, your argument is that if I find a supplier selling the VENOM injectors for $100/piece that will make them better? Sheesh...

Quote:
How in the world did you figure out that fuel and air flowing the same pressure would be = to 0 fuel flow?
Fuel injectors are little valves and fuel will only flow if the pressure on the one side is higher than on the other.

Quote:
Do you know what shop rates are for custom projects? Try calling a local machine shop and telling them you want to have a custom flange made for your 250, one for the turbo inlet and one for the outlet. I'd love to know the answer. Can you make one yourself? Sure, I hope you have equipment able to cut and drill 3/8" steel. The turbo flanges are easy. The header flanges are easy. Can you cut and weld steel tubes for the custom manifold? If not, you're not going to find a shop that will do it for under $250.
I hope you don't take offense, but I have limited experience in dealing with with functional illiterates. I have highlighted the passage that you have obviously faild to comprehend:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowspeed Lowside View Post
[...]Under the assumption[2] that our own labor is free, we have the right tools and know how to use them, the first thing we need to do is set two constraints, which I'll (rather arbitrarily) set at $1000 and 33kw.[...]
Explicitly, this means that we have the ability and tools to weld metal parts together.

@Racer X

Which is why the correct approach is to start low and see how far we can push it before our monitoring equipment tells us 'watch it!'.

BTW, are you using a device to shut off the ignition while upshifting? I was thinking, that tnstead of closing the throttle one might 'lift a foot' first to prevent the turbo from surging...
Lowspeed Lowside is offline   Reply With Quote