View Single Post
Old July 10th, 2011, 10:26 AM   #30
Bushmaster11B
Bushmaster11B

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R "Limited Edition" w/ Metallic, Pearl Essent, Candy Coat 3 Tone Paint Job

Reposting again with aquired picture:

WOOOOHOOOO!!!! It runs... kind of. You know that passage way by the main jets and the pilot jets? ( brass insert passage)One was clogged. I had to use a piece of wire to un clog it and then blasted it with carb cleaner. I then put everything back together and the bike is running and idleing with no problem. However, when I roll my throttle back medium to fast speed, it blogs down and up a couple times before it starts running smoothly. When i'm in any of the ears while driving, it does this when I roll the throttle hard. I have to eaze on my throttle to prevent it from bogging down. What do you guys think the problem is? I have stock everything however, I have about 4 drilled holes on the end of my exhaust (previous owner drilled them out because he thought it would sound better I guess). It ran fine before the storage misshap with those same holes. Any suggestions?

One thing I failed to mention and this may help diagnose my current problem is the bike was running at 3600 ft elevation before it was improperly stored and I'm currently at 700 ft elevation. Don't forget about the exhaust with 5 holes drilled in it right under the baffle cap (stock exhaust/ OEM). If you need me to post a pic of my exhaust, I can do so.
Attached Images
File Type: png 250r carb.png (974.6 KB, 2 views)