View Single Post
Old July 14th, 2011, 05:11 PM   #36
Bushmaster11B
Bushmaster11B

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R "Limited Edition" w/ Metallic, Pearl Essent, Candy Coat 3 Tone Paint Job

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkim View Post
I've never checked those specifically, but when you get your carbs out, blow compressed air through every orifice you can find in the carbs. Take the slides/diaphragms out too just to prevent damage to them when you're using the compressed air in those passages. Keep track of left and right slides as the needles are different in each.

I use 100psi and a blower tip to clear out carb passages, but even then, sometimes even that's not enough to clear the clogs, depending on what they are.

running lean for a short a period will not harm the bike.
Thanks for the advise. Will take it. I'm also going to check the floats and make adjustments as needed. I was reading the DIY on them and found that if they are hanging low then it could make the bike run lean. Those will be the first things inspected on this tear down. There is a shop down the street, I will use their air to clear the passages again. This time, I'm installing an inline fuel filter when reinstalling just to eliminate the gast tank sending dirty fuel thought. Thanks always KKIM.