View Single Post
Old August 31st, 2014, 01:28 PM   #9
NevadaWolf
Certified looney toon

Name: Teri

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Ninja 250, 102k+ miles -- 2014 CB500X, 42k+ miles

MOTM Jul '13, Jul '14
Hey, new year new attempts.

First try this year was in May and in 23.5 hours rode 1424. Got too cold and tired so canceled the ride before the last leg.

*August* 30 2014

Tried again last night. Woke up early for a 5am departure (though the receipt was off and showed 4:44am). Had a successful ride all the way till about three hours before the end with about 180 miles to go. Started getting cold and tired and took several stops along the way to try shaking out the cobwebs. But once I came to Luning and saw the rest area sign, I decided enough was enough and canceled the ride in favor of a nap.

But, upon waking up, I saw my overall average was still over the minimum 62.5 needed for the day (I'd been keeping it around 65 mph) and figured why not try? A quick run into Hawthorne, a lucky break in that a closed station with a working pump, and a controlled ride north to home. 50 miles to go and an hour to do it.

Made it as far as the paved turn off to the landfill before I was beyond done. But I did ride 1500 miles within 24 hours, just no place around me to get a receipt. So, took another nap, and rode home.

Total miles 1524 in 24.5 hours.

My Spot turned off after 24 hours from when I turned it on, so the last hour wasn't recorded.

Link to original page on YouTube.

Hold yourself to the same rules you expect others to follow.

Last futzed with by NevadaWolf; September 17th, 2014 at 09:58 PM.
NevadaWolf is offline   Reply With Quote