View Single Post
Old January 23rd, 2010, 02:34 PM   #12
andrewexd
ninjette.org guru

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): 07 GSXR600 (N250 sold :( )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailariel View Post
Maybe it is because I am an "Old Fahht" and not particularly computer savy--I just don`t trust E-bay. A friend, another OF, bought a brand new in the box Nolan 103 helmet for $275. It did not fit him so he tried to send it back--no go. Well, the helmet fits me perfectly. It is School Bus Yellow--then again everything does not have to be color coordinated. I told him I would buy it and he said, fine, for $150. He wouldn`t take more. He said it was "Tuition". His contention is that you never make mistakes--you just pay tuition one way or another. My preference is to stay local--within reason. I use "Uncle Henry`s"--a weekly publication in Maine and adjoining states. You can get anything from 40`Sailboats to fenders that will fit a Schwinn Cruiser. I have seen a couple Ninjettes from time to time. The beauty is that you can call the person and deal with a real person---ride over and check it out, and then buy if iti is what you want. You also get to meet some neat people. The longest I ever drove was 124mi one way for a piece of furniture my wife really wanted but we could not afford. We got the piece in great condition for what we could afford, met some nice people, and everybody was happy. I do buy on line from people who are reputable, like Dennis Kirk and Bike Nashbar.
its his fault he didn't try it on... or read the returns policy. I always buy stuff online. As for the OP, don't do it. Even if he does send paypal he will probably make a claim and paypal always sides with the buyers.
andrewexd is offline   Reply With Quote