View Single Post
Old July 25th, 2017, 01:34 AM   #47
MLR
ninjette.org member

Name: Mark

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram Jet View Post
E85 is now known as ethanol flex fuel here in the U.S and contains 51% to 83% ethanol. You might as well convert all of your carburetor and petcock "O" rings for use with alcohol, run pure methanol and punch your compression ratio up to 12.5:1 and rejet your carburetor. Your engine will run a-lot cooler. And the price per gallon of pure methanol is only $1.13 (USD)/gallon here.

When you say "boosted" applications are you referring to supercharging? Heck, throw in 5% nitro-methane and let the good time roll.

Bill
By boosted I mean turbo, if E85 was readily available I would drop some coin and get supporting mods and get a flex fuel conversion done on my car where I could run anything from 98 to E70/E85, I could get more power with less boost on E85 and as you stated run cooler.

The lowest I've seen E85 here is 70%.

I believe it's not worth the trouble in running E85 or methanol in my bike as I use it as daily transport, it would be more cost effective to sell the 250 and buy a bigger bike.

Sadly E85 or methanol is not cheap here, but in saying that I care not for the extra cost as the benifits of E85 outweigh the cost.
MLR is offline   Reply With Quote