View Single Post
Old October 8th, 2012, 08:06 PM   #3
2013 kawi girl
ninjette.org member

Name: Kawi girl

Motorcycle(s): 2013 ninja 300

Talking

The Shorai LFX14A4-BS12 is the direct match to the stock battery. After discussing it with Shorai and the local guys I deal with here, I decided to go with the direct cross match. This battery is super light, no lie. I didn't realize the difference until I was given the box at the shop. I thought my guys were playing a joke on me so I opened the box right there and there was the battery. So light that when I prepped to pull it out of the box, I was expecting it to be about 7-8 pounds so I was ready to use some muscle, almost went over my head because the thing weighs less than 2 lbs!!!! So embarrassing! LOL!!! Eh, they got a good laugh... and I got an awesome battery. The battery I believe retails at about $159 and the charger retails at about $89. I deal with the local shop A LOT and so I get a discount but I go there because the parts guys are extremely knowledgeable and super willing to help. If you live in Central California Clawson Motorsports is the place I go and I deal mainly with Anthony. I could have gotten the LFX18A1-BS12. It's a smaller more powerful battery for about $30 more. It has 270CCA. This battery is recommended for an upgraded 2011 Hayabusa and after talking with Shorai, he said I could go for this but, eh... I don't need it. I don't plan on running a sound system AND HID AND LED lights AND an electric grill on the bike LOL!!!! If for some reason later on down the line I need to upgrade I will, but the LFX14A4-BS12 is good enough for me for now. Stock battery is 135CCA and the battery I am going with is 210CCA.

Either way, you are going to notice an immediate start once you install the battery, it is definitely worth the investment. Half a push on the start button starts it up and it's easier for me to move the bike around.
2013 kawi girl is offline   Reply With Quote