View Single Post
Old May 19th, 2014, 11:54 PM   #1
Baron
Urban Legend

Name: Baron

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE - Circe

Baron's Log : From n00b to whatever comes next

Day 1: 19/5/2014

As much as I wish to be a regular poster here my blasted night time work(which is hopefully going to change soon) keeps me from posting regularly. Recently I got my hands on Circe, my 2009 ninja 250R SE, the most beautiful thing I've ever seen; Heck it made me realize that I'm a motocycle pervert. I mean with a rear like that and the new set of rosso 2's she is wearing, ....dammit Baron, focus....FOCUS.
*Slaps himself senseless*
Nyhoo point is that it's been more than a week since I got her and with the insurance and registration out of the way, it was time I get on her. Now for those who remember me from my intro thread and in case they have forgotten, I am as new as they come to riding and I actually have a fear of driving. What in specific's I didn't know till yesterday morning when I took Circe out for a spin.

As I said before I haven't ridden a lot before, Hell I've only done it a time or two when I gave my brother's 250 a shot for a couple of minutes. Now as I was getting used to it, getting used to manoeuvring it around( at slow speed and in 1st gear), I realized that going fast wasn't the problem, it actually felt nice. It was stopping/slowing down that was.

The reason why I didn't get out of first gear in the parking lot, with my speed freak of a younger brother telling me to, is that I fear not slowing down or down shifting or stopping properly. At times I had to make myself bring my feet up when they were half way to the ground because I thought that I was about to screw things up.

Nyhoooo that was day one. With my schedule changing and my weekends opening up soon, I hope to get some serious practice in.

Let me know if any of you guys experienced something similar.

Cheers
-Baron
Baron is offline   Reply With Quote