View Single Post
Old June 2nd, 2011, 07:26 PM   #133
kamikaze
ex-ninjette.org guru :o

Name: Trevor

Motorcycle(s): 2003 SV1000 S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowspeed Lowside View Post
So, far almost every self-proclaimed expert has announced that it cannot be done because he cannot (or thinks he cannot or has heard from his cleaning lady's mother-in law's second cousin once removed that he cannot) do it.

For example, this is useless:

Anybody who has actual experience in R&D knows that we're running a large risk of wrecking a lot of stuff during development. Experimenting with expensive components is just plain foolish. The primary objective is to get stuff to work. The secondary objective is to get stuff to work well.

Compare this to:

The next time this guy posts something, I'm going to pay much more attention, because he made several successful attempts before he concluded that it was NOT FUN. This post and the fact that electronics are cheap has made conversion to EFI a sub-goal.

Nevertheless, I'm beginning to suspect that a very large number of posters tries to compensate the higher bodily injury risk of motorcycling by displaying extreme cowardice when it comes to intellectual challenges.

Shoestring budget?

You don't seem to realize that the cost of developing the software alone will be approximately $50,000. However, our actual expenses will be much lower because we are doing all the R&D and installation ourselves. Why is that so hard to understand?

Why do you insist on being an ignoranus (a person who is both stupid and an anus)?
Firstly, Anyone who is serious about putting together a well made kit probably isn't going to be posting on a message board like this. Now I understand trying to put together a kit on a budget, but a budget kit isn't going to have one off EFI systems with custom homebrew firmwares. I don't know that I'd trust anything like that if I wrote it myself, because I don't have the ability nor the means to test it properly before potentially endangering others by releasing it to them without proper testing.

Secondly, all your calculations and numbers and other crap to me seem like a way to make yourself seem more credible. That you admitted that you've got a whopping $45 invested in this project with 3 pages of mostly you talking to yourself seems to support this argument.

Third, you don't want people to insult you, yet anyone that doesn't agree with you gets **** like this:

Quote:
Why do you insist on being an ignoranus (a person who is both stupid and an anus)?
might want to take some of your own advice buddy. I'm telling you, straight up, that I believe that someone with 10 years experience with forced induction is someone you might want to listen to. You are a self proclaimed n00b according to your first post. 10 years real world experience (even if he blew up every motor he boosted) vs your internet research is no contest. If you honestly believe that you can do better with $45 and ~6 hours of internet research then I'm sure there's a boatload of NHRA teams (amongst other people) that would love for you work for them because you must be a genius.

Good luck in your endeavor. I'm not religious in the least, but god be with anyone that tests this contraption, cause when it fails at 140mph in a corner cause someone forgot a semicolon in their custom firmware it's going to hurt. A LOT.
kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote