View Single Post
Old January 29th, 2014, 07:42 AM   #14
tnr4
ninjette.org sage

Name: Travis

Motorcycle(s): Suzuki GSX650F! Past: Kawasaki Ninja 300 (Sold); Triumph Street Triple (Sold); Kawasaki Ninja 250 (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducati999 View Post
I will be doing my first track day this summer and she was planning on joining me then she backed out. I took her to the website for the track day and after that she said she would only watch me but not ride. I believe she was intimidated by all the large bikes she saw and she believes she might hold someone up if she is not fast enough (i explained how it works and that it would not be that way).
Just a thought: she might not be wrong about the track day, at least at her current confidence level. My first track day, there was a couple there for the wife's first track day, and it clearly made her very uncomfortable. The NESBA guys did everything they could for her, even dedicating a full time CR for her to follow at her pace, but she was going street speeds, which means every noob with something to prove was looking for a way to blast by her. She clearly didn't enjoy it, which I can't say I blame her for -- getting constantly buzzed by noobs on supersports; they left after the second session of the day.

All that's to say: an open track day may not be fun for her, even though everyone preaches the 'ride your own ride' for the beginner group. Maybe if you could find an actual class (limited enrollment, one-on-one coaching, etc)?

Good luck. You're a lucky man already for sharing some of this hobby with your partner. I hope you two figure out a mutually agreeable path forward.
tnr4 is offline   Reply With Quote