View Single Post
Old May 4th, 2017, 03:24 AM   #50
StuntPuppy
ninjette.org member

Name: Natalie

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r SE, 02 CBR600F4i

Mine had about 18k when I bought her in February 2013, 33k when I took my dash and fairings off in spring 2015. I'd assume she has around 40k now, maybe a little less, and she runs just as strong as the day I bought her. Not sure if she's ever had a valve adjustment, previous owner may have, but I never have, just oil changes and fluid top ups. No major mechanical issues other than ones I caused by crashing or going down. Something tells me it might be about time to start looking at a new set of clutch disks, but that's more paranoia than anything, as I haven't actually noticed any issue at all. I even do wheelies and have no issue. She doesn't particularly like it if I try and do a burnout, but these bikes aren't exactly known for an ability to light up the rear tire (though fully capable!)

In my experience, many consider ~30k "high mileage" for any bike, which is ridiculous to me. I'm going to see if I can't milk 100k or more out of my girl. I'll ride her until she dies or I die. Presumably the former will come first, and then I'll replace the engine or do a total rebuild and ride her another 100k. I LOVE this bike.
StuntPuppy is offline   Reply With Quote