View Single Post
Old April 23rd, 2016, 07:20 AM   #24
InvisiBill
EX500 full of EX250 parts

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): '18 Ninja 400 • '09 Ninja 500R (selling) • '98 VFR800 (project) • '85 Vulcan VN700 (sold)

MOTM - Aug '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Weird! I wonder why vB used a different bbcode parsing engine for just the blog module.
Another little weirdism... If you search for all of my posts, the preview of my post above ("I noticed that the [you] tag doesn't work") shows the substituted username instead of the tag. I assume there's some sort of iterated looping done in generating the page of previews, and the followup loop(s) receive the post with the "noparse" tag already used up, so the "you" tag ends up getting processed.

Based on the mods I did with phpBB, I know how complicated this stuff can get. I don't really expect you to fix it (it really is a very minor thing), but I just thought I'd point it out.

And now that I think about it, even this post itself might end up doing the same thing, if my quote of the first post is close enough to the beginning to make it into this post's preview.
EDIT: Yup, it does!

*** Unregistered, I'm not your mom and I'm not paying for your parts, so do whatever you want with your own bike. ***
InvisiBill is offline   Reply With Quote