Old September 15th, 2016, 03:37 PM   #12
RacinNinja
Vintage Screwball

Name: B

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250, 2008 Ninja 250, 2019 KTM 1290SDR, 2017 FZ10

MOTM - Mar '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koala View Post
I do what I can to distract myself. I'm a news and information junkie. I don't suffer from anxiety about that kind of thing, or much anxiety in general. Mostly just depression...like bi-polar II and I'm up and down like a yo yo. I've been able to deal with it on my own for most of my life but things that have happened in the last year or two have put me on this downward spiral that was hard as hell to get out of. Imagine thinking you've finally finally hit rock bottom.....and then another few rungs fall off the ladder. and that happens over and over. I finally got out of it but I'm not all the way out and filling my head with online forums/tv/video games/books only does so much to distract me because it's still in my head.

I know it would be better to have regular sessions with a psychologist but right now I'm looking for anything I can get. Someone that will just listen and help.

Like I said, I've checked out the options in my area. They are either pill pushers or the type that is soon as you tell them you have a problem they are trying to commit you to a psych hold or worse. I don't have those types of issues. a year ago, yeah, I wanted to kill myself for the first time. I don't anymore. I want to live but I need help getting through this. Most people would use their friends for this but I have a hard time meeting people. I'm a loner introvert that doesn't identify well with most people. Women are usually to catty and shallow and it seems that all the guy friends I meet are nowhere to be found after they finally realize they aren't getting in my pants. So I have acquaintances, some that I think are really cool, but nobody I can trust and talk to. Hence, wanting a psychologist.

*edit - I wish I could upvote all of you for helping thanks
Hello introvert, from a fellow introvert! Nothing wrong with that...some of us are just born to not trust people. HA!

I voted them for you.

My wife is an RN. Tonight when I get home I'll ask her about resources for you. I can't guarantee anything since you're in a different state but maybe she can point you in the right direction.

RacinNinja is offline   Reply With Quote

3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.