View Single Post
Old May 28th, 2011, 09:25 PM   #12
forbitel
ninjette.org member

Name: telecom

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Ninja 250r

I just received confirmation that my order will be shipped next Tuesday, but in the mean time I'm trying to get as much understanding of the Fuel Delivery in our bikes, I'm comparing the service manual of both carb version and Euro EFI version to have an idea of what will need to be replaced and what can be used. But having myself more experience with electronics systems rather than mechanics I will need as much help from the expert ones in this forum. So first couple questions:

1. Does anyone one knows if our gas tank has a return line? I see in the manual what it looks like an out fuel line, a outlet for vapor fuel but I cant tell what is the third one for?
- we need a return line since the new fuel pump needs to use a fuel pressure regulator that will return gas to the tank to avoid over pressure in the fuel rail.

2. According to our manual, we have a canister to recover vapor fuel, but it does not indicates if it recover the vapor from the carbs, which I assume it does. Since we are removing the Carbs, do we still need the Canister?
See (2)in the picture

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
forbitel is offline   Reply With Quote