View Single Post
Old December 2nd, 2021, 04:25 PM   #199
shspvr
ninjette.org guru

Name: Anthony

Motorcycle(s): 07 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob KellyIII View Post
LOL... Nah no photo on that... not worth the time ....
it's no biggy Honnest !
.... My parts came today ! I have the master cylinder on the holder and am ready to install it but I hit a snag... the adjustment rod does not fit inside the master cylinder ! evidently they changed the specks on it but the adjustment rod is about 1/8" too big in diameter ! it's not even close to fitting...
I came in here and made sure I was assembling it correctly and I was... it's just that the old rod that pushes on the brake does not fit in the newer master cylinder ... and they do not offer a new rod, but you can buy the entire assembly for close to $300 bucks ! .... Grrrr
but I have a plan.... I'll chuck it up in the lathe and trim the large area down to fit in the master cylinder and that should cure the problem...
but I shouldn't have to do that when I just spent $98.00 on the master cylinder that was supposed to be an exact copy of the original....even better as it is out of stainless steel not normal steel....
but...... that's the way it goes , first your money then your clothes ! LOL.....
how could they over look such a blatant screw up ...the petal adjustment rod can't even go into the master cylinder ! and therefore cannot pump the brakes ! .... I'll just trim it down on the lathe and be done with it.
but if I didn't have a lathe I'd be in a real fix that is for sure !
later !
Bob.......
That what when is made on Monday or Friday
shspvr is offline   Reply With Quote