View Single Post
Old September 25th, 2014, 06:29 AM   #157
sprinter
ninjette.org member

Name: JJ

Motorcycle(s): 2018 Ninja 400 Race Bike (in progress...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitejr60 View Post
Great numbers, who did you use for the cams? I got the Pistons today, thanks again.

I'm working on some over sized valves as well, would you be interested in a set?

Once mine is together, we'll have to try to get together for a track day. Ii don't know if I can make it happen before the end of your season, as you got a head start on me. I've only had this bike about three weeks.
Crower Racing did the cams. I've gone as far as I want to on the engine at this point, I was hoping for 40 HP and that's where it's at, so it's all good. We'll see at the track this weekend how it compares to the other 300's out there.

I also weighed the bike now with the Marchesini wheels on, and we're at 321 lbs. with very little fuel, so it appears the wheels dropped about 9 lbs. Bone stock was 359 lbs. My winter project this year will be to drop those last 21 lbs. from it to get down to 300 lbs., which is the goal. I think it will be easily achievable by cutting off the subframe and replacing all of the heavy steel brackets in the front of the bike with some custom aluminum pieces. If that's not enough, then I'll look into one of those aluminum swing arms.
sprinter is offline   Reply With Quote