View Single Post
Old November 6th, 2019, 10:52 AM   #66
Misti
ninjette.org sage

Name: Misti

Motorcycle(s): currently: Yamaha YZF 250 dirt/motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mechanikrazy View Post
I definitely get the $ issue. I always do get a bit green with envy for some of the folks who can afford to do a ton of CSS days each year. I haven't been to all of the CSS tracks and @Misti has way more laps around them.

That being said, I agree with the VIR (North) recommendations. It has a fantastic combination of corners, elevation change, restaurant and spa on site, and guest rooms overlooking the front straight. If you have been to the California tracks, the amenities at VIR will put Laguna to shame. I haven't ridden Barber, but the museum there was worth the visit even without track time.

I also do enjoy the home track of Streets of Willow, which has nice elevation change and variety of corners, but it is not in the same tier as VIR and Barber in my opinion.

Since budget is a consideration, I would recommend doing Laguna and Sears/Sonoma with trackdays (such as Carters at the Track) as CSS has only run the more expensive 2-day schools in recent memory.

Regarding Thunderhill and NJMP, one thing to note is that CSS does not ride the main tracks--Thunderhill (East) and NJMP (Thunderbolt). Instead, they ride West and Lightning. This is just something to think about if you want to go racing (AFM runs East and CSS runs Thunderbolt) or practice on a specific track.

Just my personal preference, but Vegas is my least favorite track. It is nearly completely flat and just meh.

Have fun!
Great comments
Misti is offline   Reply With Quote