View Single Post
Old October 16th, 2020, 09:13 AM   #6
Mechanikrazy
ninjette.org guru

Name: Al

Motorcycle(s): Thruxton R, R6 450 triple, EX300 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
Something similar happened to me at end of season 2-yrs ago @ Buttonwillow. Idiot on litrebike passes me on inside at end of straight and slams on brakes 100m before my marker. Which is fine, I usually just keep on going full-speed and pass them up. Except this guy moves over while he’s braking and slams into me! I rear-end him at 100mph+ and land on his back!

Seems lots of TDPs have been getting more lax about safety. PTT seems to be worse. Idiot took out my friend in Rainey Curve @ Laguna Seca last year. Another got taken out from behind by someone exiting track way, way too fast @ Sonoma couple months ago.

If you have video, upload to YouTube/Facebook and post everywhere. Be sure to include organizer’s name too. Someone’s gonna get killed if this trend keeps up.
That kind of garbage is part of what made me move to the 450 R6. The necessary closure rate on corner entry for a 300 to make a pass on a big bike is super sketchy when the rider in front does the mid-track swoop out. Normally, if I have ridden with the organizer before, I'll bring up problematic riders doing this at the end of the day over beers in the paddock with a coach.

This weekend will be my first time riding with PTT, and this makes it sound like the Thunderdome.... Haha.

For this one specific reason, I do appreciate how East Coast organizers do things. Everyone has to start in Novice and you have to get a coach to bump you up to the next level. This whole "select your own group" thing is part of the problem, imo. There are a lot of "I know what I'm doing" types who sign up for Advanced or even Intermediate when they need a talking to about maintaining their line.
Mechanikrazy is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.