View Single Post
Old October 14th, 2016, 01:59 PM   #1
MrAtom

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - July '15
Beauty and health tips for men and women

I've started taking better care of myself lately, and it's caused me to hang my head a bit higher. I feel prettier and am a bit healthier. It's nice. And, being the smart cookies you guys are, a lot of you probably know that a lot of things pertaining to health and beauty tends to be bullshit. There's people who are deluded, marketing plays a role, some people have very specific bodies, too. So what I wanna know is what works for YOU. what do you do to keep yourself looking pretty and feeling good?

Health:

I drink a lot of water. I have a stainless steel water bottle (doesn't give you that swimming-pool taste like aluminum does) that I clean weekly and always have by my side. I sip on it when I'm thirsty, and drink more if I'm eating something salty and delicious or taking a pill. For me, I just drink until my pee is a transparent yellow, which amounts to about 2.5 L daily.

I love to slouch when I sit. I've started doing planks to strengthen those muscles to make good posture more automatic. It's working.

Me and a lot of other people find it difficult to eat when waking up. For years, I'd drink some black coffee and a glass of water, and that'd be it. By 10:00, I'd start to feel dizzy and messed up. Eating fruit has all that fibery goodness making it easy to digest, and you've got the sugar to keep you from passing out (I'm not a diabetic. My body's just silly sometimes). I usually eat an apple or pear, a banana, and a spoonful of peanut butter.

I love to sleep on my face and stomach, but that also hurts my back. So I started sleeping on my side, which is super uncomfortable. So I made a pillow out of a pantleg from some ripped jeans. I stuffed it and sewed it, and I put it on my side while sleeping, below my ribcage and before my pelvis. That adds a lot of comfort. And if you're a cuddler like me, hug a blanket or a body pillow. No shame in it

Squat on the pot when going #2... Google that one for more info.

Beauty:

As mentioned in another thread, I use jojoba oil as aftershave. 3-5 drops for the whole face, and it doesn't leave an oily residue. I also use it after washing my face to keep it all moist.

Also, it turns out I was using too much soap. I get backne and chestne pretty bad, but applying bar-soap to my hand and then to my body works a lot better than applying it straight from the bar.

I also started patting myself down with a towel instead of rubbing it all over. This lets the body retain a bit more water and moisturize.

Cold water when getting out of the shower is unpleasant, but it closes up all those pores.

My cuticles and the area around my finger before the cuticle used to peel really bad. I'd normally just pull them off or cut the little bits of skin with a swiss army knife. Since I started putting lotion on before bed, that's helped immensely with this.

That's all I can think of for now, but I'd love to hear what you guys do!
MrAtom is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.