View Single Post
Old March 2nd, 2014, 11:40 AM   #125
Racer x
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawmeracchi 350 2010 Project X

MOTM - Sep '18, Feb '16
I am making great progress converting from CR Special carbs to Ecotron fuel injection. Matt has been really great about answering all my questions. The only thing I have to do different is make all my fuel lines fire proof. Steel braided lines and AN fittings. This is going to be a slow process. The fittings are not cheap and I need lots of different ones. So I order one or two a week and fit things together.

One thing I am thinking about is the smaller throttle body. 28 mm throttle body and 31 mm carbs. I got very little power increase going to the CR carbs. And the throttle body uses very short intake runners. The distance between the valve and the throttle plate is much shorter. I think this will improve power. The smaller hole and shorter pipe should keep the speed of the air at a higher velocity. That will put more air into the engne. Than a long pipe and a bigger opening.

If it does not work out that way. Can I use a throttle body from a 300 ninja? They cost a fortune. Does anyone know if they will they work with the Ecotron kit?