View Single Post
Old May 29th, 2015, 09:37 AM   #5
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob2010 View Post
Am I the only one who thinks , legal or not, it's usually putting the rider in danger?
Motorists simply don't like it here in the states, or at least here in my state. They get spooked, don't think it's fair , act revengeful and bad things happen.
It's because you share the road with idiots. Along with your peers in 48 other states. Don't get me wrong, the 49th state also contains more than its fair share of cretins, but lanesplitting is common enough here that the risk of lanesplitting-related revenge is quite low. There's a much higher risk of just doing it poorly.

The sad part is the rest of the mechanized world is just as comfortable with it as California. What is "normal" in the rest of the 49 states is abnormal everywhere else in the world.

Mixed feelings on this particular bill, but it's probably better to have it than not, all things considered (including the not infrequent calls to ban the practice entirely)

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote