Old March 8th, 2013, 02:12 AM   #55
tubarney
ninjette.org sage

Name: Brad

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r 2010 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgentz View Post
Also, I just got an update on the WEB v. BEET debate. See below:

WEB usually uses .050" opening for their specs where Japanese usually use 1.0mm (.03937"). That causes the Web Duration to seem shorter. I don't know what stock specs are for comparison, but the Kawi manual uses zero-lash, zero-lift (at the cam) specs in the manual. Impossible to cross reference.

This would also affect lift measurements.
Why I hate cam manufacturer's. Wish they could all just use the measurements taken from the lobes themselves.

I've been told by cam grinder's (cam tech) that manufacturer's specs are always different so they degree all cams by themselves before grinding.

Web will send you the degrees at which the valves open and close (only thing that is universal). I don't have the Beet but I will be dialling it in to find out so we can compare that way. We just wont have lift, but if you can get a pair of vernier's or micrometer to measure the lobes we can compare.

My stock bore/stock valve bike should be ready a bit before Mike's.

I dropped off crank today. Should be ready some time next. My head should be ready now, will have to go down there for an update. Dyno testing should start the week after next. 18th of March is the date I'm going for
tubarney is offline   Reply With Quote