View Single Post
Old November 14th, 2017, 08:26 PM   #19
Finesse
ran when parked

Name: Katie

Motorcycle(s): Freeride 250R, KLX250SF, mopeds

MOTM - Sep '17, Dec '14
Thank you! That's good advice. I'm at the stage right now where trails riding just stopped being terrifying and I now feel that I have some control over the bike... and I see a LOT of improvement from the beginning to end of the ride. You know that stage where you're starting to get a handle on the basics and other things suddenly become a lot easier or challenges you previously would have had no idea how to take on are something you consider and try... it's a good place to be!

The Hammer Run in NJ was awesome because the terrain was easy and I had a lot of chances to practice body positioning without the risk of messing up big time if I got something wrong. Very flat and sandy, the biggest hazard was hitting trees with the handlebars. The Hangover looks gnarly from the youtube videos but those are guys who are really racing and I'd be out there just trying to pace myself and be smooth.

The sweep riders at the Hammer Run were politely and delicately suggesting to my bf and I to take the shorter way on the second day so as to be back before dark My average speed was 10mph on the first day and 11 on the second day. I call that a 10% improvement... It feels really good to have tangible goals that I actually want in life - enter an enduro race, maybe do well in one the following year
Finesse is offline   Reply With Quote