View Single Post
Old March 29th, 2023, 05:24 PM   #47
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Hay Jay ! I just had a thought..... I just re read my posts on getting my bikes back up to snuff after winter, and it refreshed my memory on what I found on the Ninja after installing the carbs.... I got it running and Idling real good taking throttle but it would not rev higher than 4~5K and it was missing up at that RPM.....
the next day I played with the air screws and turned them out about 1/2 a turn
and the bike would then Rev to 9K+ with no problem
so I am thinking ...if you set the airscrews to factory specks that may well be the problem..... my bike refused to rev past 4k but after turning out the air screw it reved fine..... super weird I know but that is what it did....
I then adjusted the airscrews on both carbs properly and it went back to flat topping at 4K
I haven't messed with it sense.... maybe the answer is simply turn out the airscrews 1/2 turn eh ?
the air screw setting is working all the time, the gas is being sucked into the cylinder from the airscrew no matter what the RPM
so it stands to reason that it would effect the Higher RPM area if it was set too lean....

.... it's a thought !
Bob........