View Single Post
Old April 1st, 2023, 05:13 PM   #63
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

I am assuming that you guys are refiring to the small piece that sits on top of the emulsifier tube under the main jet.... that will only go in correctly one way
it has to sit proud of the throat body quite a bit.... i didn't know it could be assembled incorrectly ! i think there is a pin in there so that little collar has to line up and sort'a lock on to it if memory serves me correctly , and then the emulsifier tube comes down and locks it in position permanently and then the main jet goes on top of that... the Picture you showed Jay looks correct to me
it does stick up into the tube quite a bit and then the jet needle goes down into it... it's really hard to say for me as I have a thousand different carbs in my head all fighting assembly directions.... in my head it has to look right
before I continue...and 99.9% of the carbs will only go together the right way that is their only saving grace !
did you notice the orientation of the collar as Ducattiman was inserting it in his photo ? it has to be that direction to enable it to protrude into the throat of the carb. good work Gordon !
so check those parts and make sure they wern't bent in the last assembly !
cranking down the emulsifier tube could easily bend that collar if it was upside down...

keep after it ! You'll get it !
Bob...