View Single Post
Old February 25th, 2014, 01:34 PM   #87
jeffb502
ninjette.org guru

Name: Jeff

Motorcycle(s): 2013 White Ninja 300, 2010 Red Ninja 250r (Sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRedNinjette View Post
Here's a great shot of my Black Jack, it'll be a year in May that he's been gone. Man I miss that mutt.
RIP Black Jack. Goofy's only a year and a half and I already get sad when I think about how little time we have left together.

Goofy's an unknown mix. We think he's black lab and something else. He's about 60-62 pounds. Nobody knows how his tail got that way. A neighbor says he found him hiding under a car in the neighborhood, and brought him to my house for some reason. I instantly fell in love. When I took him to the county animal services shelter a couple days later and they said they had to hold him for a week to see if they could find an owner I almost cried, partly because I didn't want to lose him and partly because I didn't want him to suffer the experience of being in jail for a week. I hadn't been planning on getting a dog, but now just over a year after getting him I can't imagine life without him. He's made me a better person by making me get out of the house for something other than work or school (if he doesn't get at least an hour of exercise during the day he'll wake up in the middle of the night and not let me sleep, so I make sure to take him to the dog park almost every day, or at least a walk if we can't make it to the dog park). Like I said in the other thread I could go on forever about him, but I'll stop now lol.

Here he is yesterday not wanting to wake up, looking very much like Black Jack. Crazy how similar the pictures are...I hadn't even seen this thread when I took the pictures.

Goofy Tired 24Feb14 (1).jpg

Goofy Tired 24Feb14 (2).jpg

We went for a hike back in August. It was a pretty warm day and I could tell he was getting tired. Whenever we would get to shade he would lay down and refuse to move. I gave him all the water and turned back to cut it short for him. The picture below is from one of those rest/water breaks.

Goofy Resting 1.jpg

Here's a picture going for a walk on the levee.

IMG_20130706_154225.jpg

And here he is doing his Snoopy impression.

IMG_20130716_093946.jpg
jeffb502 is offline   Reply With Quote