View Single Post
Old October 5th, 2012, 07:53 PM   #65
Tinto
Java Junkie

Name: Tinto

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R and 2012 Suzuki DL650 V-Strom

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsrTek View Post
I'm interested in the Industrial Velcro option, and it should probably come standard with these. As the double sided tape is only good until it gets wet at all, then needs to be replaced. I'm curious if the same type of glue material on the bottom of the Velcro will hold up any better?
It's not really an option that Scott offers. As I'm living in SA I wasn't sure if I could purchase the industrial grade Velcro here. After mentioning this to Scott he agreed to purchase it for me and in doing so he wanted to evaluate whether he liked it enough to switch over from the double sticky tape.

So far I haven't needed to switch over to the Velcro as the double sticky has held up and I've travelled in all sorts of weather. If it does fail I will switch over to it. I think it will be a better option as it will allow the hugger to be taken off if necessary.

As far as the adhesive holding up on the Velcro I think it will better than the double sticky tape he uses. That stuff is very strong. Both adhesives need a clean surface for them to adhere to properly.
Tinto is offline   Reply With Quote