Old February 17th, 2017, 04:29 PM   #17
Bluberryrain
ninjette.org member

Name: Nick

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motofool View Post
You are welcome, Nick

I would rotate the crankshaft by hand several times just to make sure that valves are not hitting the top of the pistons, as well as double check the gap or clearance of the valves.

Glad that you have learned some new tricks and have felt the satisfaction of working in your machine.

Just wanted to close the loop here for all- I got everything bolted back on and checked the clearances, all exhausts are at .29 mm (most of them were less than .16). Took the bike for it's first ride today as it was somewhat nice outside (around 50 degrees F)........

and the bike ran GREAT. I have 14k miles on the bike, and I bought it with 9k. Previous owner was a young kid who did ****-all for maintenance. The bike wouldn't start when it was cold without full choke, and the choke had to remain open until the bike was completely warm. Taking off from the stop had to rev up, etc.

Now, the bike starts up with full choke, and you can immediately turn the choke off and ride. Idling is nice and smooth, take offs are smooth, and dare I say- some power seems to be restored.

Seriously guys, take the time to do your valve adjustments. It may look like a complete hassle, and an arduous task - but it's really not that bad. Not to mention you've got an amazing community of people here to provide support.
Bluberryrain is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.