View Single Post
Old December 14th, 2008, 11:32 AM   #7
VeX
That's me!

Name: TJ

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250r (Tis blue), 2008 CBR600RR

I haven't really been able to try out the new M/C. Just a quick jaunt to the gym yesterday, but it was raining so I didn't want to 'test' it . That and I never got around to re-bleeding everything after everything's had time to fully settle... Anywho I re-clocked the throttle assembly and was able to set everything better:

After opening up the throttle assembly I drilled a hole slightly lower than the original 'alignment' hole. This allowed me to set the throttle housing clocked forward a bit... One additional perk to doing this was:

The throttle cables are routed in front of the shock tube. It's a sharp bend, and now I was able to route the cables behind the shock tube. The bend is a lot less sharp now as evident in the adjustment knob on the throttle housing. It's not being 'pulled' forward anymore. Yeah!

But wait! There's more:

This also allowed me to turn the banjo fitting on the bottom of the M/C so now it not only completely clears the black cowling around the dash area, but it lessens the corkscrew effect on the brake line!

It's damn near straight and from the outside it no longer looks 'odd'.

So I rotated it down and spun the clutch lever back down as well so it's all as it should be.
VeX is offline   Reply With Quote