View Single Post
Old February 26th, 2010, 06:59 AM   #1
CC Cowboy
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Whodat

Motorcycle(s): I pass the wind!

MOTM - Mar '13, Jun '14
Daytona Bike Week

I got up early and drove down the beach. The sun was just coming up and there isn't a cloud in the sky. If it wasn't 39 degrees I would say it is a perfect start to Bike Week.

Coming back I went by the "Boot Hill" and the beer trucks were lined up to stock the Saloon. Main Street was busy with workers getting prepared with all the goodies.

It's Friday, the Team Hammer School, first practice at the track, and I don't pick up my front fork seals until this afternoon so I'm not going to the track. I'm putting the seals in tomorrow so I'm not going to the endurance race either. This isn't how I planned to start Bike Week.

Monday and Tuesday are Vintage days (bike not riders). I'll be there but I'm not racing. At least I have a friend who will be racing. Not the way I intended to spend Bike Week.

I'm hoping that there will be some good bikes to test ride. At least that will be something to look forward to.

I'll let you know if things pick up. If they don't you might want to check the o'bitchuaries.

P.S. Sunday is first race of World Supa Bike. Maybe that will make me feel better (nah, I'm not racing in that either).