View Single Post
Old January 24th, 2019, 06:53 AM   #13
KawBoy0379
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Jamie

Motorcycle(s): 05 ZX-10, 02 ZRX1200, 00 ZRX1100, 13 300 Ninja, 99 AntiCruizer (1 off chopper), 07 CRF80, 07 CRF70

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
Do search here for "GSXR shock swap" and you'll find lots of good threads with photos. Typically what's needed:

1. change/drill bushings on shock
2. widen dog-bone mounting width

One of threads in search has spreadsheet of various GSXR models & years with shock-length, spring-rate and fitment (yes/no to chopping fender for clearance). General consensus is you end up with too stiff suspension using shock from bike that weighs 100-lbs more. Might be OK for track-bike.

I finally got to dig around and see what I was in for on the rear shock swap. It seems to get a lot of mixed emotions. Seeing that I do not know the other folks riding styles and preferences but that I am 195# and I like to ride "fast and aggressive" according to those I do ride with and that I do intend to take the bike to the smaller tracks, I think I'll give it a go. I've got a 2006 GSXR600 rear shock laying around in my garage from a previous track bike build so I won't be out any money. It will also give me good time getting to know this bike a little better. lol I like to play with my bikes. If I end up doing the SV650 front end swap I'll try to do a thread on it and how the results turn out. I mean, it can't be any harder than putting a ZX-14 suspension (front and rear) under a 1999 Yamaha Roadstar (the AntiCruizer).
KawBoy0379 is offline   Reply With Quote