View Single Post
Old April 27th, 2019, 07:06 PM   #1
SNAKEBEATER
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Andrew

Motorcycle(s): 2007 EX250F

Post Weird stalling issue

I have a 2007 EX250F with just shy of 4,000 miles on it, that was running fine until yesterday. While riding in traffic on my way home the other day, the engine stalled when I pulled the clutch in to downshift and engine brake to slow down. I tried starting it, and it was acting like I was trying to cold start it. I pulled in the choke and let it run a minute, and got it going again. Granted, I had just taken it out on one of the longer ride's I've done on it, but nothing that it shouldn't have been able to handle.

A few miles later, the same thing happened. It seems to be an intermittent issue. I even adjusted the mixture to lean it out because it seemed to be running rather rich, and I figured leaning out the mixture might solve the problem.
after test riding it again earlier today, the same thing happened. I checked out the carburetors, made sure there were no blockages in the jets and that the bowls were clean.
I checked the air filter, and made sure there was no blockages there.

The only modification to the bike so far has been a baffle delete in the muffler. other than that, it seems to be a bone stock bike.

I even tried resetting the idle, which is now inconsistent. It'll be at 1500, and then after blipping the throttle, it'll settle at around 2500.

I'm out of Ideas at this point.
SNAKEBEATER is offline   Reply With Quote