View Single Post
Old September 30th, 2021, 06:29 PM   #50
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

ok Guys and gals here is what I finally came up with....
I've lowered the front by 2"
and I went up 2 clicks on the preload to give me a 29" seat height
.... the handling is superb.... and the seat height is low enough so I can push it around with my legs sitting on the thing ( only a 30" inseam)
although I did go up with the rear more than I would have liked to I do think it's for the best....
as I had to fill in some gaps in the concrete to get the bike in the back yard without dragging the under carrage... so I figured a bit more wouldn't hurt
Yes the bike is LOW as compared to stock but I have not ran into any problems with my riding ... Remember I'm not racing this thing but I do like to corner , but I am so out of practice so far I haven't really done any real good corners.... not anything approaching dragging a knee ( even with it so low ) but for me that's fine
.... unlike back at the Ranch where I knew the road by hart and could ride it in my sleep.... these roads up here are relitively new to me, I've only lived in this neck of the woods for going on 5 years now... and the Deer pop out of no-where up here.... going fast is an invite to disaster !
and I really do hate road rash ! so I ride reasonably .... yes above the speed limit that is marked , but I do that in the car too... if the speed limit says 35mph for a corner I usually take it at 45 to 50 ... but it's safe and not pushing it at all .
.... it's a good bike and I love it.... but I have a feeling because of the position you have to be in to ride it, I will be riding my other bike much more !......if I get it in October I will post pics ! ...I can hardly wait !
with my luck I'll be lucky to have it before the snow falls !
Bob.........