View Single Post
Old January 30th, 2011, 03:31 PM   #1
maynard
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Adam

Motorcycle(s): 06 gsxr1000 95 EX250 92 CR500 90 RM250

Franken-ninja...It's ALIVE!!

This is what happens when you have too many parts laying around the shop and also too MANY BEERS!
It started out life as a 95 ex250 with 8500 miles on it. I cut the headstock off and reattached a front end off of a 89 RM250. The rear shock is also off the same RM. The front forks, wheel and brake are of a 91 YZ250. The forks fit nicely in the RM triples. I am still using the stock swingarm and wheel, which looks pretty funny with the huge 21" front rim. I put on a 51 tooth rear spocket and also installed 2 chain rollers and a derailer(guide).
Also a hand made skid plate made from 1/8" steel diamond plate.
Foot pegs were lowered and A LOT of additional gusseting and bracing was done to the frame.
Subframe was chopped to make a single seater and a rear and inner fender were hand made from sheet metal.
Electric start is still maintained. rectifier, CDI, fuse box, battery and all is under the seat.
POD air filters, 110 mains, 43 pilots, 3 washers under the needles seemed to do the trick.
I turned the stock headers into a 2 into 1 and mounted a stubby Yoshi can.
YES, that is a NOS bottle on the front handmade number plate! It's NOT just for show, the seloniod is under the tank and plumbed in the pod filters with a 10hp jet wired thue a "kill" switch on the left handlebar! Fully operational(and untested!!!)HA!
What do you all think?

maynard is offline   Reply With Quote