View Single Post
Old April 22nd, 2012, 10:18 AM   #1
eddiekay
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: eddie

Motorcycle(s): 300, WeeStrom

I'm on a jet ski..Ur on a battleship...WTF

Long story short is that I wound up going out with a Gold Wing guy yesterday. On this board, I suppose y’all guess you know what’s coming.
So did I when we started out.
Cruising the 120+ miles to the mountains was no surprise. I knew where we were going so he…and his passenger let me lead. Though, I have to admit I was kinda wondering why he was still in my rearview on the cloverleafs. A few hours later when we got to God’s country…I asked if he was OK with some hard packed dirt. The bike was just a few weeks old and he did have a passenger sooo…up the foothills we went. There’s been a bit of a drought here so the hard packed was more like…red talcum powder. Now…I usually ride with sport tour guys and they bitch and moan about anything but a slab but this Goldie guy was way strange in that respect. I asked him again about the dirt, dust and little peebles when we stopped and he simply said he bought the bike to ride it and wasn’t worried. Never heard that before.
Crossed the mountain top, made it down to the best roads NY had to offer:
Route 30 around the reservoirs. Mile and miles of twisties, sweepers and short straights….roads that I suspect Kawasaki commissioned when they made the new gens but foregot to tell anyone about. Rarely any traffic, no enforcement and in perfect paved pristine condition. I already knew that he wouldn’t be afraid to ride the bike so I picked up the pace. Stayed with me on the first S….stayed with me on the first U. Now…I’m no expert but….this guy was riding a ship…and I’m on a jet ski….how’s he doing this? And more…I was a bit familiar with the route!!! He’d not been on it before! We approached the sweeper- U that I live for. It follows a cove in the reservoir…maybe ¼ mile deep an 1/8 mile across and for this one, move your hiney to the left and point you knee down a little.
Half way thru, sure he was gone I checked the rearview and saw this giant red beast of a bike…and it’s passengers smiling…they were that close.
It was like seeing a three masted man ‘o war bearing down, full tilt with cannons pointed right at yer ass.
I was at once humbled and happy and wondering if he was going to kiss my license plate. The road got straight and we stopped for a sign.
I had to ask him, “hey Nick…y’know, with the wife and that dinosaur and it being new and all, how’d you do that turn “?
He says “we’ll I saw you move over so I knew it was special”.
Okaaay.
Now, as said, I don’t pretend to be fast but, kinda always thought that a fweekin’ gold wiiiing …., c’mon. How’s a wing gonna follow a ‘jette on any kind of fun road ? Right ?
I suppose the answer is that if the wing rider thinks and acts like a ‘jette rider they’ll do it. It’s not what we got between our legs, it’s what we’re willing to try with it.
Attached is a pic of a guy who I’d ride with anytime.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4134CMYK copysmall.jpg (122.3 KB, 80 views)
eddiekay is offline   Reply With Quote