View Single Post
Old December 30th, 2013, 02:13 AM   #1
burnrich
ninjette.org member

Name: Peter

Motorcycle(s): gpx 250

Suggestions for an onboard GPS tracking system.

Hi All,

I'm currently chewing over installing a concealed GPS tracker however I've noticed when doing the research that almost all tracking systems in the US of A use some kind of subscription based service costing ludicrous amounts of money a month for the privy and in Australia I'm not even sure if any mobile companies offer the service??

I've mused over solar powered trackers and battery op ones which last about two weeks between recharges apparently v's powered versions and can't find anything that looks suitable (I'm very fussy).

Apparently the pros use code jamming devices nowadays also to render the GPS tracker useless when they are 'borrowing' your bike so I'm unsure of the tech specs I should be looking for.

Does anybody else in the community have any experience with GPS trackers and is it even worth the hassle?

If anybody is wondering what I'm talking about you can find the tech specs for the product here:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Mini-GPS-...8504969&_uhb=1

Cheers,

Pete.

Last futzed with by burnrich; December 31st, 2013 at 12:48 AM. Reason: Adding More Information
burnrich is offline   Reply With Quote