View Single Post
Old July 15th, 2022, 09:50 PM   #14
Mauricemonge
ninjette.org member

Name: Maurice

Motorcycle(s): bastardized ninja 250 (think land speed record with a sidecar) soon to swap a 500 engine

I’m running pod filters on Ltd454 carbs. I never opened them up to check the jetting, after driving it today, I’m pretty sure I’m lean. I’m now afraid to open them up since they’re slowly dripping fuel. I’m waiting for my carb kit to come in before I destroy whatever gasket is left in there.

I totally have a mid throttle stumble, it’s not always a mid rpm issue, but it’s definitely there. I was thinking it’s just a lean condition, but the pod filters make sense. I’ll go through the carbs, and throw fuel at it until I can make it as happy as possible. I’ve got a new AFR gauge coming in, so I cam see exactly what’s going on and where, and see if I can’t jet my way into it being happy.

Aside from the stumble, I’m a little over geared for city riding, but the torque is good, and past the stumble area it runs like a mofo! Totally rips!!

This is a gen 1 engine. I’ll take it easy on the revving until my AFR gauge comes in. It makes so much more torque, I don’t need to rev it. I have stalled it a couple times, but I think it’s the gearing trying to go uphill. Clutch feels heavy, might not be stock.

Okay, I finally posted some pictures! See post 2 for pics.
I still want to make a YouTube video. I’m thinking of doing a quick overview for those with a short attention span, then go into me talking for 15 minutes rambling on to the camera trying to figure things out.

Lastly, does anyone know why this site is down like 80% of the time? I can’t load the website most of the time

Last futzed with by Mauricemonge; July 15th, 2022 at 11:24 PM.
Mauricemonge is offline   Reply With Quote