View Single Post
Old November 21st, 2021, 07:17 AM   #58
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

OK your not a mechanic ... sure there is alot about that bike that you do not understand but the best way to learn is by doing it yourself !
and you will screw up.... there is no question about that, but you don't know unless you try RIGHT ? and Yes there is a real good possibility you CAN fix it yourself and save alot of money in the process.
When I was a kid I took everything apart... to my parents dismay....
one time I remember vividly I was about 5 years old and I took apart my Mothers wall clock on the kitchen wall... she normally watched me close and I don't know how I was unsupervised long enough for me to get that clock apart but it did happen....I was spinning the gears like tops when my Mom discovered me... I was immediately spanked , and when Dad got home
he took one look at the box my mother had put it in and looked at me and said
you put that thing back together and make sure it works because if you don't I will beat your butt till you bleed ! .... and I was sure he meant every word he said.... so I did... it took longer to put it together than it took to take it apart
but I actually got it back together and working just like I found it....
and avoided the repercussions completely Dad was amazed and mom was delighted... the clock no longer lost 5 min a day it lost only 1 minute a day after that....
I learned by doing.... and you can too !
that clock still sits in my memory where I had to reason where each part went and what they did...how it worked was essential to getting it back together and working....
that motorcycle is the same way you need to understand how the carburetors work in order to make them function as intended once again !
.... pay close attention to the pilot circuit, float bowl and main jet tracks
as that is their main functioning points . and when you take out the air screw note how many turns out it is so you can put it back to the same place....( in other words don't just take it out, count how many turns you can screw it in until it stops (lightly) and then take it out.... there different on each carb on the Ninja... make a note of it so you don't forget !
disassemble the carbs and clean the heck out of it get all that discoloration out if it... take every part off that can come off and inspect each part for tiny plugged holes and un plug them... there are several passageways that get plugged up on the ninja carbs... mostly the pilot circuit...that's the circuit that regulates the fuel at idle, the main jet circuit is easier usually because the emulsifier tube does come out, but you still have passage ways that feed it... and they must be cleaned. on almost every carb I have ever cleaned I have found plugged holes in the emulsifier tube ( that is what the main jet attaches to ) a small wire through all the holes makes quick work of them
( wire from a twist tie ? or a strand from a wire brush.)
it ain't an easy task but you CAN DO IT ! think "How does this work" that is the most important part ....reason it out. and you can figure it out !
good luck !
Bob........

Last futzed with by Bob KellyIII; November 21st, 2021 at 07:21 AM. Reason: Additional information
Bob KellyIII is offline   Reply With Quote