View Single Post
Old January 11th, 2022, 11:10 PM   #94
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

LOL unfortunately that's progress for ya !
the idea of Making it better is still there but the "what can we add on there so we can raise the price to make more money" has virtually taken over !
from TV's and CD players in the back seats to automatic parallel parking systems it's all just to separate you from your money !
when I was a kid I was appalled at how much a used motorcycle costs
at half or a little less than half of a brand new one. so I got basket cases and put them together and made them work
that was the cheap way to go back in those days ... now you cannot find basket cases..... guys buy them up and sell the parts on e-bay...
the motorcycle itself is the the main part but it only costs around $2000~$3000 to make a 750cc bike however they charge $10,000 plus for that bike off the show room floor. you are paying dearly for all the extra stuff that they put on there ! .... and it's the same for cars you do not get anything anymore at COST to make it .... it is all marked up...that was not always the case.
consider this.... I can make bird houses and sell them... it cost me $4.00 for material each.... and I sell them for 100% profit at $8.00 each
that should be enough profit you'd think right ? ...that's a good money maker at 100% profit !
but no... you see the same bird houses in stores for $29.95.... how can you justify a price like that ?..... it's what ever the market will bare.! and it's not any longer what the thing is worth it's how much can they get from you for it
Housing has been like that for a hundred years now....everything else has just caught up is all...
Bob......