View Single Post
Old January 12th, 2022, 01:37 PM   #101
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Very interesting indeed so some of you actually have Electric vehicles ! that a good thing actually as you won't be caught in the rush to get one in the future !
.... Yes long range on bikes is not mandatory as I have to get off anyway and give my butt a break... and the bike could be charging while I grab a bite to eat
but quick charging is a necessity..... not just a want !
I think in 20 years for a substantial amount of money you will be able to buy self recharging batteries and assemble your own battery pack that will be capable of thousands of miles at a time.... however most people will not be able to afford it ! and if the neucular battery ever gets off the ground that will make EV's the way to go. but at present I can't see it myself.
I stopped by Walmarts "Charging station" one time and for a 30 minute charge they would charge your credit card $50.00 !!!! How is that cheaper than gasoline ? so it would cost me nothing to go there and shop ( as I would charge it at home) but $50.00 to get home.... EVERY TRIP ! at present I can get there and back 3 times (perhaps 4 times) on $40.00 of gasoline in the Honda CRV.... the thought of paying that much every trip is scary .
I see in the future it is possible that the private sector like the power company will set up Tesla towers and broadcast electricity which will be the way to go.... but it will be costly. it's possible but unlikely, even the state might do that and just raise your taxes to a outlandish amount to pay for it !
but that is in the far future and we will have to take dealing with the transition ourselves.
to get along without gasoline is do able with the internal combustion engine
you can go 100% Hydroxy gas or wood gas or bio-gas i.e. alcohol and such
so running out of gasoline is not the end of the world.... and we have a few decades before that happens anyway....

20 years from now I think alot of people will be in a world of hurt because of transportation... and many will choose the horse and buggy !
LOL...
Bob......