View Single Post
Old January 15th, 2022, 12:02 AM   #112
shspvr
ninjette.org guru

Name: Anthony

Motorcycle(s): 07 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuspectPage3 View Post
Alright, so, I went and got a connection hose as recommended above. Connected the two remaining things correctly and started the bike. The bike starts, idles perfectly fine for some time (until it's still cold and starting to warm up).
Now there are two issues:
1) I still can't open the throttle, cuz as soon as I do that, the bike dies. If I put the on, it will rev up naturally to 5-6k rpm. But any more throttle and it will die.
2) As soon as the bike is hot (left it running on the spot for 7-8mins) the coolant reservoir (white container thing on side) started to bubble up, looks like the hose from the radiator is sending hot air through the hose into the bottom of reservoir.
So I panicked and turned her off and I can't dare to start her up again. I've clearly connected a hose wrongly.
(See the attached for reference please)

Where did I mess up now?
Tops off the radiator with coolant and refill the reservoir to the fill mark rerun the engine and just keep refill the reservoir in tell the radiator fan come on and do you still see a drop in coolant and are still seeing air bubble?, then just keep on add more coolant to reservoir if it is still dropping in coolant after the 3rd refill with radiator fan on in the reservoir then it most likely you got a blowen head gasket and that could be the reason for all air bubble and it could be why it was park if you got from someone else.

Here tip keep radiator cap off and start engine set the choke to on to keep rpm up you may see drop in coolant give it a minute then top it off, if need be, with coolant then put the radiator cap back on.
Oh, and used the choke to set rpm at least 3k

I'm sure you wonder why seeing air bubble because it gets trapped in the coolant passages if it ever got drain even a little bit, even that carburetor coolant hose to, now air can expand under heat causing it to make it way to the top of radiator and causing the cap to opens under greater pressure therefore making its way into the reservoir as steam and that's is the whole purpose of the overflow reservoir to draw coolant back into the radiator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob KellyIII View Post
I agree Anthony even though your typing is hard to follow <grin>
Bob......
Better BOB just my nick picking back :

Last futzed with by shspvr; January 15th, 2022 at 05:03 AM.
shspvr is offline   Reply With Quote