View Single Post
Old June 27th, 2018, 12:06 AM   #31
Mohawk
ninjette.org guru

Name: Chris

Motorcycle(s): ZZR250, VFR800

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post

Kinda bulky and awkward looking, but it works. I'm going to get one of these angled buckles to place camera directly in front of chin. https://www.my-cheap.com/en/buckle-long-sticky.html . I also safety-wired camera case to one of helmet vents in case plastic mounts break in crash.

Even though I got H9R with remote, I prefer to use phone app to control it. This gives me preview of camera aim as well, so I can adjust angle. Here's one of my commute videos leaving S.F.
Just remember that helmets are designed to offer the least resistance on impact & a protrusion like your GoPro could induce a severe twist to your neck in a crash before it snaps off. That could be enough to severely damage if not break your neck, depends on the impact angle & speed. Just be aware. Ideally you want a break away mount, rather than relying on the mount snapping before it has induced a twist. Like wise the lock wire my make it return & smack you in the face hard should your visor be dislodged in an accident !

Mounting cameras to a helmet seems like a good idea, but it rarely is in an accident. You can get bike specific camera kits that come on with the bikes power & are effectively permanently mounted to the bike, so you don’t have to keep remembering to turn them on ! Just a suggestion.

YMMV
Mohawk is offline   Reply With Quote